The Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics (WIAS) is an institute of the Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V. (FVB). The FVB comprises eight non-university research institutes in Berlin which are funded by the federal and state governments. The research institutes are members of the Leibniz Association.
WIAS invites applications for an
Employee in computer engineering (f/m/d)
starting at the earliest possible date.
- Maintenance and development of WIAS' scientific data and information management system (including publication management and web server)
- Support of macOS computers and respective applications
- IT infrastructure acquisition and sourcing
- Assistance in user support
- B.Sc. (or equivalent) degree in computer sciences or related fields (university or university of applied sciences degree) or professional/vocational training in computer sciences or related fields
- Very good programming skills (Java proficiency, additional languages desirable)
- Know-how in areas of data management systems and storage of scientific data desirable
- Knowledge of directory services desirable
- Very good command of German, good command of English
- User-oriented communication skills
- A range of tasks offering multiple creative opportunities in an international and science-driven area
- State-of-the-art servers and challenging tasks in a heterogenous environment
- A long-term employment including the option of a life-time position
- A family-friendly work environment (WIAS is certified employer having received the berufundfamilie (workandfamily) certification)
- Possibility of further education
- Salary according to the German TVoeD scale
- Central location in Berlin
Please direct your queries to Henrik Pletat, Head of IT (firstname.lastname@example.org). The initial appointment is limited to two years and is envisioned to be extended. The work schedule is 39 hours per week.
There is equal opportunity for all sexes. When equally suitable in their qualification, severely disabled applicants will receive preferential consideration. We explicitly welcome job applications from people with migration background.
Please upload complete application documents including curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates including a cover letter via our our online job-application facility using the button “Apply online".
The search for a qualified candidate will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We are looking forward to your application!