WORKSHOP "NONLINEAR DYNAMICS IN PHOTONICS"
für Angewandte Analysis und Stochastik
Humboldt University of Berlin, Institute of Physics
|supported by:|| TerabitOptics Berlin (Technology Foundation Berlin)
Sfb 555 - Complex Nonlinear Processes
U. Bandelow , WIAS
M. Wolfrum, WIAS
H.-J. Wünsche, Humboldt Universität
The workshop will focus on mathematical, physical, and technological aspects of nonlinear phenomena in semiconductor lasers, optoelectronic devices and fibers.
The main topics will include:
- dynamics of laser systems with coupling or feedback
- mode-locking and saturable absorbtion
- nonlinear wave propagation
PRELIMINARY LIST OF SPEAKERS:
- E. Avrutin (York, UK)
- T. Erneux (Bruxelles, B)
- J. Dudley (Franche-Comte, F)
- I. Fischer (Bruxelles, B)
- B. Krauskopf (Bristol, UK)
- C. Mirasso (Palma d. M., ES)
- J. Mørk (Lyngby, DK)
- M. Nizette (Lille, F)
- G. Steinmeyer (Max-Born-Institute, Berlin)
- D. Skryabin (Bath, UK)
"Georgbräu" at 18:30 after the talks.
The workshop takes place at WIAS, Mohrenstr. 39, 10117 Berlin, Germany . Accommodation facilities are in the guest house of the Humboldt University of Berlin or in a hotel of your choice . See www.bvg.de for more information about public transport in Berlin (routes/tickets).
- A detailed description how to get to the WIAS you find here.
- A detailed description how to get to the guesthouse of the HU Berlin is here.
For registration and submission of contributed talks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org until April 9.