WORKSHOP "Nonlinear Dynamics in Modelocked Lasers and Optical Fibers"
|Organized by:|| Weierstrass Institute
for Applied Analysis and Stochastics
Humboldt University of Berlin, Institute of Physics
|Supported by: Terabit Optics Berlin (Technology Foundation Berlin)|
U. Bandelow, WIAS
M. Radziunas, WIAS
A. Vladimirov, WIAS
H.-J. Wünsche, Humboldt Universität
The workshop will focus on mathematical, physical, and technological aspects of nonlinear phenomena in semiconductor lasers and optical fibers
The main topics will include:
- mode-locking in quantum-well and quantum-dot lasers
- modeling of semiconductor lasers and saturable absorbers
- pulse propagation in the nonlinear optical fibers
LIST OF INVITED SPEAKERS:
- E. Bente (Eindhoven, NL)
- R. Kaiser (Berlin, DE)
- G. Huyet (Cork, IRL)
- H. Quast (Berlin, DE)
- M. Kuntz (Berlin, DE)
- C. Schmidt-Langhorst (Berlin, DE)
- D. Skryabin (Bath, UK)
- G. Steinmeyer (Berlin, DE)
- E. Viktorov (St. Petersburg, RU)
PROGRAMThe program is now available, you find it here
The workshop takes place at WIAS, Mohrenstr. 39, 10117 Berlin, Germany . Accommodation facilities are in the guest house of the Humboldt University of Berlin or in a hotel of your choice. See www.bvg.de for more information about public transport in Berlin (routes/tickets).
- A detailed description how to get to the WIAS you find here.
- A detailed description how to get to the guesthouse of the HU Berlin is here.
For registration and submission of contributed talks, please contact Ina Hohn under firstname.lastname@example.org until June 11, 2006 (extended deadline).